Sunday, January 17, 2010

Growing up toooooo quickly!


So I've seen it lately in demeanor, conversation and of course - putting "marks" on the inside of the kitchen pantry to measure his physical growth. But it astounds me in some moments just HOW QUICKLY my baby is growing up! In all honesty, he truly isn't a baby anymore - but a little boy. And more honestly, a little man! Which I'm sure sounds funny considering he won't turn 3 until the end of February, but my goodness! He is SO mature.

For the longest time he has astonished people with his real age (and continues to do so!) I'll never forget on the first plane trip that Andrew and I took solo. We flew to Destin to celebrate Kaitlyn's 1st birthday with Ed & Melinda.

It started with dealing with Delta and their neverending logistical nightmare and chronic delays (long story short but we sat on the Tarmac for 2.5 hours - made it to Atlanta where we were guaranteed to be on the flight - SURPRISE! Missed that flight and by the grace of God only did we get on the last flight of the night...it was so harrowing that a complete stranger was going to give us his seat on the plane after he had been trying to get home to his wife and kids after 2 days of airport hell...)

Sitting 2+ hrs with a little boy who had not yet turned 2 could've been a major disaster. But by the grace of God, he was in a good mood and we had a good time. As the plane finally took off and we continue our banter, a guy sitting in front of us turned around. His face was a little surprised as he stated, "You are not his mother.." Confused, I confirmed I indeed was and he shook his head. He smiled and said "You guys talk like you are best friends." This made my heart smile as I answered that I was so Blessed to have him as my son and that yes - he was my special and dear "little Buddy."

I digress to say that this comment was made before Andrew was even 2. His vocabulary, social skills & interaction as well as his maturity make him seem so much older than his years. And while I have always said that Andrew has "an old soul" - seeing his physical appearance age over time allows me to see him growing into that "old soul." (and before you ask - NO! I'm not referring to reincarnation, but wisdom!)

I hope you enjoy these latest pictures of my sweet prince as they reflect how time is making him age (of course more kindly than how I am - LOL!) :)


More later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment