I had my 28.5 week checkup today. It's hard to believe that we have entered the "2 week visit period" of this pregnancy. The check up went perfect. My BP was excellent at 100/60 still and I'm measuring perfectly. I'm still having the Braxton-Hicks contractions but they are not worrisome like the ones a few weeks ago as they are very sporadic and we know there's nothing underlying that's causing them. So, for right now - I'm growing, swelling and uncomfortable. And have about 11 more weeks to go...yikes! :)
Little Ms. Alyssa is still down VERY low and VERY breech. The intern who is studying under my OB had a hard time nailing down the baby's heartbeat today. She could hear the baby moving and I felt her so we weren't concerned but after the intern did some "palpitating" she found our princess who remains about as low as a baby lying sideways can! The intern said the heartbeat was good and strong. And as usual, she laughed that Alyssa can always punch or kick right on the doppler.
Dr. Becker said things are progressing excellently. He questioned if I'd made a decision about VBAC vs. scheduled c-section yet and I told him I'm still undecided. Dr. Becker was definitely cool about it and has explained both sides of the decision thoroughly. It's really just up to me and Dave to figure it out... Who knows? I've heard the good, bad and ugly with both. I was told I have a 40% chance of failing with VBAC since I had "failure to progress" when induced with Andrew but there were so many variables that when discussing it with Dr. Becker today, he told me that there is no way to know or ever know why Andrew didn't want to enter the world without "assistance" (aka c-section). And I know from experience that laboring forever and ending up with a c-section is the worst way to have a c-section. But the recovery from a c-section isn't the most enjoyable whereas a VBAC would more than likely have an easier recovery.
Sigh... decisions, decisions. :)
But the Blessing is that we have a healthy baby girl in my belly and a wonderful and healthy baby boy here already! :)
Oh yay! Have i told you how excited i am for you?! cause im REALLY excited that you're having another baby...and on top of that, that it's going to be a girl. She's going to be so lucky with two amazing parents and a big brother (i always wanted a big brother! lol)
ReplyDeleteGlad things are still looking good! :)