Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Alyssa's Nursery Curtains

So the awesome seamstress that I found through the local Craft Gallery totally flaked on me and went MIA. This wouldn't be such an issue BUT since we're about 6 weeks from "D-DAY" - I'm getting a little antsy about getting her nursery finished...

I decided I'd buckle down and give making the curtains and bed skirt a whirl on my own. I figured you don't really use the crib blanket anyways since the little toots like to drool, poop and commit other bodily function assaults on their crib bedding. And since Andrew was in a crib, I've heard that using the "breathable crib bumper" is the safest way to go. With only having to make those two items, I figure it's going to be totally do-able... :)

So I headed over to Hobby Lobby and found the same fabric I had chosen with the newest person on my "hit list" (j/k... I really don't have one of those! But I'm none too pleased with her or the gallery that insisted I use her...)

And I found some extra "bling" to use on the curtains... so all in all, I think the situation turned out for the best after all! :)





Now I need to finish painting her furniture and making the crib skirt!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I am impressed you did a great job!!! I know who to call when I have another baby. he he
    That totally stinks the lady flaked out on you. I am sorry. I know that can be extremely stressful. I know you will get it all done and it will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany - those are gorgeous!!!! VERY good job!

    ReplyDelete