Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Exterior House Remodeling Pictures

At long last! Here are the exterior pics. I'll try and post the ones of the inside remodel as soon as I can get all Andrew's toys picked up...LOL...

As many of you know, David and I bought our house in January 2004. It was well....in pretty bad shape. All it had to offer was bigger bedrooms and more storage space than we found in newer homes, a hilly neighborhood filled with old trees and being located beside a creek. Other than that, it was a rental house for many years and in pretty bad shape. In fact, my Munner confessed one time that she cried after seeing it for the first time. Yeah...it was pretty bad.

BUT it's come a LONG way after David's hard work and talent along with the aid of many sweet friends. David's brother Mike has been instrumental in helping both physically and providing over the phone guidance as David has been basically rebuilding our home - inside and out. David and others have torn down and rebuilt the window boxes, inserted new energy efficient windows, replaced facia and soffets and siding. (David replaced most of the siding by himself...thank goodness I wasn't home to witness him balancing on ladders! YIKES!)

Of course, we finally had to bite the bullet and paid for it to be painted and roofed. I know that all of you are as sad to see the terracotta color go as much as were (can you hear my sarcasm!!?) But it's done... Ah....


































































...........and drum roll, please.................................................


As I mentioned, I promise I'll get pictures of the interior remodel up shortly. I'm excited to show you the handscraped wood floors - they look AWESOME! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment