Thursday, November 11, 2010

39 Wk, 5 day checkup

So we had our "next to last checkup" yesterday... Our baby girl is overly excited to be staying put... We had to visit with the nurse practitioner because Dr. Becker was called out of the office.

She told us that we're still BARELY dilated to a 1 cm and that my cervix was still pretty tough or tight.

We were a bit concerned because I was feeling really flushed in the waiting room. My blood pressure was up..it was 168/94. The NP went ahead and did a sono to measure the amniotic fluid and to ensure that Baby A was head down (she couldn't determine if she was head down or butt down...)... The sono revealed we still have good fluid levels and that our princess is in fact, head down and engaged...

The nurse retook my BP and it was about 148/86 or something so they felt better (?)... they thought maybe because I have been fighting off a cold and had taken some Tylenol medicine 4.5 hours earlier, that maybe that affected my BP. But I know me and know that I had been taking Tylenol sinus products all weekend and at my PCP visit on Monday, my BP was 110/70 (which is high for me but still normal...)

I rested last night and most of today... BP has been averaging 140/90 and I haven't taken any Tylenol Sinus since yesterday @ 11:30 am...

So now we're waiting to hear what the Doctor says next... our next visit is Tuesday, the 16th... so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment