Thursday, October 14, 2010

36 Week Checkup

Today began our weekly visits today to see when Ms. Alyssa may make her debut...

At my baby shower on Saturday and following it - I had a LOT of really good contractions. I've had a lot of Braxton Hicks throughout the pregnancy, but Saturday I actually got worried. In fact, I insisted we head back to Waco earlier than we planned because they were getting so strong and frequent. Between that and "other signs" I was sure that we had made progress.

Welp. She IS head down and she IS flat against my cervix, so she has dropped. Dr. Becker said he'd ALMOST give me a 1 for dilation (but made a face like he didn't want to) and that I was not effaced at all. So, she's on target for being 36 weeks along tomorrow. And as David pointed out, Alyssa is further along than Andrew was at 40 weeks :)

Next Thursday we'll have our next weekly exam and see if anything has changed!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are 36 weeks along already. Crazy!! You're doing great and I know you are ready to meet your little girl.

    ReplyDelete