A few days ago I received an email from Geoffrey Mayimba who lead our mission team a few years ago to Uganda. In my response, I informed him of Alyssa's birth. His reply to my email left me in joyous tears as a reminder of how Faithful our God is!
Because of past surgery and issues, I had always been told by OB/Gyn's that it would be very difficult to get pregnant. We had our first mission trip to Uganda in 2005 where Geoffrey was unknowingly praying for us. And then when we traveled for missions to Milwaukee in 2006, we had asked a few of the team members to pray for us to become pregnant (and little did we know that on that trip we were in fact pregnant with Andrew!!! His pregnancy and the tale behind it is in fact a Blessing!!!)
So before I digress too much further, I wanted to post Geoffrey Mayimba's email:
It is nice to hear you have a second child...baby girl. I believe your first born was a miracle child God gave you as a result of your trip to Uganda. You steped out in faith to be where God wanted you to be and God open your womb. I remember asking you and Davlin when we had gone to visit one of the High Schools in Jinja whether you had children, and you answered no. I felt guilty why I had asked you about children. I recall you telling me about your chances of having kids were minimal. When we returned to the Hotel in Jinja the Lord took your burden and put it on my heart. Perhaps, I had not had a chance to share with you about this. All the days of our mission in Uganda, I watched you and Davlin devoted to the Lord's work. I prayed for you daily that the Lord would grant you all your desires. Later when I saw you at Columbus Avenue Baptist Church with your first pregnancy I was overjoyed. My sister be blessed. Please, hug those beautiful children for me. Tell Alyssa she is the cutest baby in the whole world. We love yall! We now live in Kampala, Uganda."
Dr. Geoffrey and Sarah Mayimba
P. O Box 37391
Kampala, Uganda
Tel: (256) 787-750665
URL: http://www.hopefocusministries.org/
I never thought of our mission trips blessing us in such a way. Of course, we knew we would be Blessed by the people we would meet and the lives that were dedicated to Christ. But to read Geoffrey's email, I am in awe as it is such a testament to God's Faithfulness and to the power of prayer!!!
That's awesome Tiffany. What a testament to God's faithfulness and how the Church should work through prayer and supporting each other.
ReplyDelete